Thinking about the start of a new year brings about talk of resolutions and change for the upcoming year. We thought we’d stick with that theme for January’s podcast. While most people are resolving to workout more and get in shape, Nuesoft wants to stress a healthy lifestyle at work.
For most practice’s employees, your days are filled with a hectic schedule of checking patients in/out, paperwork or any host of other activities depending on your position. But a lot of it can be spent sitting down in front of a computer. This is true for so many office workers, which is why it is important to get up and moving around at work. If you have your entire office doing it with you, A) it will help having a team of people cheering each other on and B) you won’t feel silly if you are sitting on a yoga ball or doing other stretches and quick workouts.
This year resolve to have a healthier lifestyle while at work. Get the whole practice involved and set up routines that will work for everyone. Use examples from the list below to get started and let us know how it’s going!
Five things you can do to get active at your practice:
- Designate a coordinator to get everyone involved.
- Create a board that will centralize all wellness information (leaflets, routines, leader board – if you want to make it a competition, etc.)
- Walk as a group during lunch around the building or floor you are on.
- Sit on a yoga ball for an hour a day while working on the computer. When your hour is up pass it to another team member.
- Sign up as a group to do a 5k, softball team or other sporting activity. It’ll also promote morale!
Watch Nuesoft’s January podcast below for other ideas.